Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

puzzle christmas   Off-Topic Chat

Started 1/29/19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 5449 views.
judyinohio

1/29/19

One thing I'll say for the Gradient puzzle I am working on now with the color blends, the die designer is truly a skilled master of the art of puzzle dies.  A piece either fits where it belongs or it does not fit; there is nothing tricky about knowing if a piece belongs where you have placed it.

Thanks for the puzzle brand name.  Really has four "oooo"s?  

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

1/29/19

Yes, 4. I had to put my finger on the box and count, made my eyes cross

judyinohio

1/29/19

Those are some amazing puzzles.  Don't know if I could handle those 2000 piecers.

latterberry

1/30/19

Have you ever gone to  jigzone.com ? Multiple pictures and multiple cuts.  I like the lizard shaped ones.

judyinohio

1/30/19

Thanks for the suggestion but I bought an app called "Jigsaws Galore" years ago and I've stayed with that one. As you might guess (since it is not free) the guy offers very complicated pictures with lots of pieces and he's always offering new ones. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/30/19

I love them.  The nice thing about jigsaw puzzles is you can sit (or walk) around a table looking for the right piece and visit with whoever is doing it with you.  I used to do them with my sister-in-law.  She would have to go home and Then I couldn't walk passed the table w/o looking for a few pieces.  I enjoy them but have to make myself get up and move.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/30/19

I think the color blends are right up your color wheel alley.  I'm sure you are enjoying the challenge.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/30/19

I have a gifted nephew who loved Star Wars when he was young.  He's in his 30's now.  One year I gave him a puzzle with the Millenium Falcon in the middle flying away.  The rest was black.  He did it!

judyinohio

1/30/19

Yes, you are correct about the color wheel alley ... that's why I bought it. I have been very happy with it except I am not thrilled about the vast number of chartreuse/yellow pieces looming in my future.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

I'm at the half-way point now and once I am done with this puppy I plan to put Contac paper on the back of it and thumbtack it to the wall somewhere in this house. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

1/30/19

judyinohio said:

I have been very happy with it except I am not thrilled about the vast number of chartreuse/yellow pieces looming in my future. 

Saved the best for last?  I would preserve it also.  Never thought about using Contac paper.