Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

puzzle christmas   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-29 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 3999 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-30

I love them.  The nice thing about jigsaw puzzles is you can sit (or walk) around a table looking for the right piece and visit with whoever is doing it with you.  I used to do them with my sister-in-law.  She would have to go home and Then I couldn't walk passed the table w/o looking for a few pieces.  I enjoy them but have to make myself get up and move.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-30

I think the color blends are right up your color wheel alley.  I'm sure you are enjoying the challenge.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-30

I have a gifted nephew who loved Star Wars when he was young.  He's in his 30's now.  One year I gave him a puzzle with the Millenium Falcon in the middle flying away.  The rest was black.  He did it!

judyinohio

Jan-30

Yes, you are correct about the color wheel alley ... that's why I bought it. I have been very happy with it except I am not thrilled about the vast number of chartreuse/yellow pieces looming in my future.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

I'm at the half-way point now and once I am done with this puppy I plan to put Contac paper on the back of it and thumbtack it to the wall somewhere in this house. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-30

judyinohio said:

I have been very happy with it except I am not thrilled about the vast number of chartreuse/yellow pieces looming in my future. 

Saved the best for last?  I would preserve it also.  Never thought about using Contac paper.

judyinohio

Jan-30

That is what I have used on the backs of a couple of Springbok puzzles (which you can pick up and dangle from your fingers because they interlock so well). 

Don't know if this puzzle will be that good at staying interlocked.  If it is not I have a way I can put posterboard on the top of the puzzle and then DH can help me flip it over because I have been solving it in my portable tray/carrier thing I bought decades ago at the national jigsaw puzzle championship contest.

• Edited January 30, 2019 7:05 pm  by  judyinohio
bornblesse2

Jan-31

Judy, have you ever used the puzzle glue?  It works....but it seems just like that mod Pog stuff.   Then you don’t have to mess with flipping it over.

wow, it has been a long time since I’ve used that stuff.  Dd did the huge dolphin puzzle.  It hung in her room forever!

judyinohio

Feb-1

Now here is a real show-off, if you ask me.

I went to the website of the company that produces the "Gradient" jigsaw puzzle just to see what other kinds of  puzzles they make.  One thing leads to another when you do something like that and I found a YouTube video of a time-lapse solving of my "Rainbow" puzzle:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxkImGlrFg

The company is called Cloudberries and they are in the United Kingdom if you care to look up their other puzzles. Amazon sells a few of their products.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Feb-2

Amazing video!  I never start a puzzle from the middle.  Under 3 hours!  Her brain is different than mine.  I've noted the brand.  I'll have to try one.  Maybe this summer when I stay inside more. 

oh that is cool,  interesting to watch, her logic is different than mine.  I would start from the corners