Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

puzzle christmas   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jan-29 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 4002 views.

I'll check the box for the brand.

bornblesse2

Jan-29

Wow!  That’s a lot of puzzling!

ingooood.com

Amazon has several (of course).

the others are Buffalo puzzles.  I liked how the Buffalo fit together, though there are times where they appear to fit but don't - you have to really look close to see, but once they fit you can really tell it's right.  The pieces are your typical cuts, not a lot of "strange" ones, but not ones that are duplicates either - eeck I don't like those.

I was just looking at Amazon's other puzzles and saw something kind of funny.  I've been "snipping" pictures of photos that I thought we be fun electronic jigsaws for a few years now, to play on my tablet.  One of those pictures I snipped was a photo of a bunch of doors.  Well I guess someone had the same idea I did - there is an actual puzzle of the same photo.

In reply toRe: msg 9

he also got me this one - Evil Child.  Don't know that one will ever get done.

judyinohio

Jan-29

One thing I'll say for the Gradient puzzle I am working on now with the color blends, the die designer is truly a skilled master of the art of puzzle dies.  A piece either fits where it belongs or it does not fit; there is nothing tricky about knowing if a piece belongs where you have placed it.

Thanks for the puzzle brand name.  Really has four "oooo"s?  

Yes, 4. I had to put my finger on the box and count, made my eyes cross

judyinohio

Jan-29

Those are some amazing puzzles.  Don't know if I could handle those 2000 piecers.

latterberry

Jan-30

Have you ever gone to  jigzone.com ? Multiple pictures and multiple cuts.  I like the lizard shaped ones.

judyinohio

Jan-30

Thanks for the suggestion but I bought an app called "Jigsaws Galore" years ago and I've stayed with that one. As you might guess (since it is not free) the guy offers very complicated pictures with lots of pieces and he's always offering new ones.