Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is Spring   Off-Topic Chat

Started Mar-13 by Midkid5; 1565 views.
tuckyquilter

Apr-15

I KNOW - I KNOW  (holding up hand)  SPRING went to the Bahamas with that LYING RAT PHIL from Pennsylvania. 

I got caught in two Blizzards during my Midwest Trip.  March 3rd and March 14th.  Then it snowed or rained and blew the rest of the month.  

Midkid5

Apr-15

Well Tucker we had another round of  blizzards just this past Wed,Thurs and Fri. Bad enough to shut the interstates.

Jo

latterberry

Apr-15

Here in central Illinois, we had a couple of inches of that white stuff yesterday.  Then it was all gone by 10 this morning.  

Midkid5

Apr-15

We had between 6 to 8 on Thursday, with strong winds thru  Friday.  DH didn't clean the driveway there is still traces of snow remaining on it yet tonight.  Mother Nature was good to our area for spring thawing, high thirties day and freezing st night, the only bad thing about that is culvert don't thaw out so get more overland flooding.  Sounds like all of the rivers have crested and are going down.

May you have sun shine tomorrow 

Jo

tuckyquilter

Apr-15

I was in the mid-section of the country from Mar 3rd to Apr7 and I brought a boatload of bad weather to the area.  I was hoping that once I pulled out It would STOP already.  But looks like Mother Nature just kept things going.  

Snow/Ice/Cold blowing wind is what caused me to leave the midwest in 1967 and never look back.  Still have family there, but from now on they can visit ME.

judyinohio

Apr-15

Ah, but you miss the joys of seeing the first dandelions, the forsythias bursting into flower and the star magnolias spreading joy. 

Those are the exhilarating sights I'm enjoying as I run errands this week ......

You have to have the misery of winter to grin over the excitement of spring flowers.  wink

latterberry

Apr-16

Right you are, Judy.  I love seeing all the new life coming up in the spring.  My irises are poking up along with moat of my perennials .  I haven't cleaned off the leaves and mulch yet--like to wait til the first of May for that.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-17

judyinohio said:

You have to have the misery of winter to grin over the excitement of spring flowers.

I totally agree with you.  I grew up in Michigan and I do miss a real Spring here in AZ.  It seems like things are all mixed up.  Spring flowers in Nov.  They do get Spring up in the mountains though.