Latest 1:25 PM by Kim D. (KIMDIG)
Latest 11:12 AM by LindaPutt
Latest 9:36 AM by Sandy in TX (Centergranny)
Latest Mar-30 by nylaagain
Latest May-20 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest May-19 by Suze (casuzenn)
Latest May-18 by 5dogmom (CRISR5)
Latest May-16 by nylaagain
Latest May-13 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest May-12 by tuckyquilter
Latest May-12 by 5dogmom (CRISR5)
Latest May-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)
Latest May-10 by latterberry
Latest May-5 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest May-4 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Apr-29 by sueinIL
Latest Apr-25 by sueinIL
Well the top is done. I started this last year while waiting on my new long arm. I used a set of polka dot fabrics from Connecting threads that I had splurged on a couple of eyars ago, added some B&W and batiks from my stash. the back ground is a mottled black from Joanns that I keep for my I spy quilts. No idea when this will get quilted...
I am pleased with my solution of adding narrow sashing to deal with the excessive layers at the top and bottom points of the blocks.
It will be much easier to quilt now without all those layers at one point.
look how pretty and flat.
I am struck speechless with awe.
Are there twelve bajillion pieces in this quilt?
*WELL DONE, DEE* what a fantastic job!
It is beautiful! Your sashing really makes the block float and your future self is gonna thank you for that when you quilt it.
thanks. and yes, I was thinking about how in the world I was going to quilt through all those layers. I like this much better, though I'm still going to need to go slowly. Added bonus, the points "match" - haha. Or at least they line up.
yes, something like that. and LOTS of little pieces of paper all over my sewing room, my clothes, the cat..... It was very much like doing a jigsaw puzzle, even kept losing pieces - despite trying to be very organized, with manila folders for each block, finishing each one before starting the next. Many of the blocks were made up of sub-units, and I frequently would get the colors switched. I've got 2 edge pieces where I made 2 lefts - twice. This was Not something I could do without paying attention. I even discovered when I was putting it up on the design wall that one of the edge blocks I had the black & white flipped for the center - fortunately relatively easy to fix. It was definitely a stretch, and I won't be doing any paper piecing for a while.