Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anyone Here Also a Crocheter?   Off-Topic Chat

Started Mar-25 by judyinohio; 857 views.
judyinohio

Mar-25

My DM taught me to use a sewing machine.  She also taught me to use knitting needles.  I was an utter failure with the art of tatting and a total disaster with a crochet hook. 

(Perhaps those two failures were due to the fact that I was born left-handed and forced to become right-handed in first grade.  I dunno.)

Anyhow, for those of you who are skilled with a crochet hook, get a gander at what this artist does: 

https://www.ashleyvblalock.com/

Wow Judy, that crochet art is truly amazing!  Thanks for sharing.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Mar-25

WOW!  Those are some pretty big doilies!  It's probably as insulting for me to call those doilies as it is when people call our quilts blankets.

Yes, I do crochet but have been an utter failure at tatting.

Thanks for sharing with us, Judy!

Cris in MT

Mishii

Mar-25

Wow, those are beautiful!

I crochet and I like working with the smaller threads for doilies and things.  I can't knit to save my life.

judyinohio

Mar-25

But those are doilies!  Gigantic bright red monstrous doilies, but classic doilies when all is said and done.  When you click through some of her links you recognize traditional motifs.

I would think that the woman would be sick and tired of looking at all of that red cotton crochet thread ...... 

Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-25

it would take a whole skein just to do one arm of some of those motifs...whoodoggie!!! I would go bats trying to keep all that straight!

bornblesse2

Mar-25

Wow!  In red even!  I wonder what Inspired this? I crochet and enjoy it sometimes.  But I never got the knitting.

In reply toRe: msg 7

I crochet and knit, but do not do tatting.  I just made a little labor of love stuffed with catnip for a friend's cats--my first foray into amigurumi.

I wouldn't have the fortitude to crochet such a large installation.  Very impressive.

Hilda

In reply toRe: msg 7
Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-25

yeah...I can crochet but I am hopeless when it comes to knitting..oh..I can do garter and plain knit patterns..but anything more complicated....pppffft....I tried a lace pattern once...it took all day to get two rows...bah!!

I just learned the afghan stitch...need a longer crochet hook! you can only do about 2-3 inches on a regular hook...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Mar-26

Those are beautiful!  I don't crochet.  I sure can appreciate it though.