Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Road To CA 2019 Winners   Show and Tell

Started Mar-25 by Suze (casuzenn); 898 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-25

at long last...here are the winners from the last Road To CA show.....https://online.roadtocalifornia.com/awardwinners.php?con=30

from Matt's email:

By the Numbers

Over 46,000 dedicated quilters attended our 2019 Quilters' Conference and Quilt Show. That's an increase of 10% over our record breaking attendance of 2018.

Nearly 1,800 enrollees filled over 4,800 classroom and event seats. We had over 100 events sold out!!!

The Vendor and Exhibit Mall hosted 214 Vendor Booths representing only Quilting-Related Merchandise.

The Quilt Show received more than 500 entries. Cash prizes for the winning quilts totaled over $92,000

judyinohio

Mar-25

If the Applique Fairy ever tapped me with her magic wand I would love to make something like this magnificent prize winner from that show:     I could stare at it for hours.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-25

oh my goodness.   Without reading the info card, my bet would be that this is from a Japanese quilter.  They do the most AMAZING applique and quilting.

judyinohio

Mar-25

You lose the bet, Pirate.

1st Place: Applique Wall

$1,000
Sponsor:
Title: Round the Garden
Maker: Helen Anderson
Quilter: Diane Beauchamp
Design Basis: Round the Garden, Pattern by Wendy Williams
This pattern was design for wool appliqué, however, I did a traditional turn dedge appliqué using bright cotton prints. It is also enhanced with lots of embroidery and hundreds of colonial/french knots. Round the Garden

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-25

My, my.  I shall have to mark this day on my calendar. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
Suze (casuzenn)

Mar-25

there are some magnificent quilt in that collection....

In reply toRe: msg 6

It reminds me a little of the "Town and Country" quilt by Gourmet Quilter (which was a Block of the DAY back in 2016).  

I have seen the pattern, but I think she did some different things in the center. Or maybe there are multiple pattern with the houses in a circle like that. I do like hers regardless, woukd love to see it in person. Maybe it will be in Houston in Nov.

The 2nd one was done by a former forum member, Gail S. She used to post in the hand piecing discussion. I have seen her quilts in Dallas a few times.

Not to be grammer scrooge, but oh my, couldn't some one proof their descriptions?  Yikes.