Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Prayers    Off-Topic Chat

Started Apr-2 by Sandy in TX (Centergranny); 1277 views.
LABFIEND

Apr-3

Hang in there Sandy, still sending hugs and good wishes/

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-4

Prayers continue.  What you described going on is not unusual.   Hopefully today will be better.  Take care of you, too.  Did you spend the night?

Stomach X-ray this morning showed he has Ileus. Which I understand isn’t uncommon. Plus constipation.  Now waiting to see what they are going to do. Waiting to see what dr wants to do.

He’s finally asleep and has been for nearly 3 hours. After 3 nights of nearly no sleep.  Yes I have gone to the apartment a few times, mostly staying here with him.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-6

An ileus is a fairly common post-op event.  Hopefully it will resolve soon.  Take care of you.  Prayers for his recovery continue.

In reply toRe: msg 1

Well after 7 days hubby came home yesterday evening.  Still hasn’t had a bowel movement except with enema, then not much. But his operation for the hernia went very well and he’s healing great. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts. Now to finish healing....and POOP

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-10

Prayers continue.  Glad he is healing but recovering from an ileus is a problem in itself.  Can he walk around a little?  That often helps.  I'm sure your daughter will keep an eye on him.

Yes, he’s been using a walker in the hospital. I hope he will continue at home. He’s very stubborn when I suggest something. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-10

Does he respond better to your daughter?  Being a nurse,  he may recognize that she knows what she is talking about.

Yes he does. She’s doing pre natal appointments today. I will have her call him and remind him. Thank you for the idea!  I don’t know why I didn’t think of it. She’s a midwife and studying for her nursing certification or something, not sure what she calls it. But she keeps up with health issues.