Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Warm kitty   Off-Topic Chat

Started Apr-7 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 252 views.

As I am winding down, I am so grateful for a sweet cat that likes to cuddle in the evening. Something about that warm weight prring next to me is very calming.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-7

completely agree.

and having said that, I am *so* happy that we no longer have ANY animals.  No cats, no chickens, no lizards ... no domestic animals at all.   We do have wild turkeys, occasional deer, and possibly raccoons and possums (that we don't see) but we don't need to care for ANY animals.

That means we can take off whenever we want to and stay on a trip for however long we want to.   But a purring cat on your lap *is* a wonderful thing.  Especially when they roll over and present their tummy to you .... that is total and complete trust.

Until the cat curls up and ensnares your hand with their claws and teeth.  :-)

We were out doing our weekly shopping yesterday and had to get the dog a new bowl so had to go into Petco. I would have walked right by the kitties till Mark said don't look at them. Well after that I just had to and fell in love with all of them, especially the marmalade tabby that caught my eye and went to the front of his cage and rolled over on his tummy. His sign said he loved attention. It was so hard to walk away.

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-8

yah...we don't have any live pets anymore...we do have several robotic pets though...two cats, a kitten, a tiger and a puppy... (we had them all going at once a couple of months ago..it was hysterical!)

we have a bird that hangs out in our yard - a black phoebe....man..that thing is shrill!!

and a monarch butterfly....I hope his descendants stay in our yard...so far we have had one for the last three years...

I kinda miss the real kitties...but don't miss having to clean the litter tray and feed em...

someday, maybe we will get another pet...I'd kinda like a Corgi or a Jack Russell...and a kitty...