Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

great concert.    Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Apr-8 by latterberry; 760 views.
sueinIL

May-7

Thanks for your recommendation, Lynne!  I 'll check out their video on youtube or see if they have a playlist on Spotify.  I enjoy Casting Crowns a lot; they can really "get goin'" too!

Sue in IL

latterberry

May-8

My DD and I went to see Casting Crowns when they were in Peoria and they are great too.  Check out  King and Country's  "Ceasefire" video on you tube--it's my favorite.

Do you still have lots of water laying in the fields like we do?  Poor farmers are sure wanting to get their crops in,

sueinIL

May-8

Hi, Lynne,

Oh my yes!  Water everywhere, and more this morning.  DH plays golf weekly with a bunch of other "senior" guys, and they haven't been able to play even once yet.  Courses are under water or are bearing the results of overflowing creeks--sand, rocks, branches, etc. all over.  And the poor farmers!  When are they going to be able to start planting?  I really feel for them, since I know how antsy they get when the days get warm. Our sump pump has been working non-stop for days, and  it's a mess everywhere, except for us quilters, who have learned how to spend a day forced indoors by the weather.

Sue in IL

latterberry

May-8

It just starting to pour again!  This is getting old.  Several of our dike roads along the Illinois River have been closed because the water is right up to the bottom of the bridges.  There is talk that the bridge over the Illinois will close maybe tomorrow.  We lie on the east side of the river, but most of DH's business is on the west side.  He will have to drive up to Pekin to cross if he needs to go over there.

judyinohio

May-8

One of my very good friends here in town is married to a corn/soy bean farmer and this couple is my age; well past retirement age but still farming. She says her DH is really miserable to live with this spring because he cannot get in to the fields ... more miserable than usual because "at his age his fuse is really short". Plus he went out to fire up a combine (just because) and there was a raccoon in the innards somewhere. There was lots of damage so he had to file an insurance claim and there was the dickens to pay over that ....

sueinIL

May-9

Wow, Lynne, that must be scary! I know the towns along the the river can only wait for the crest to reach them.  We saw the pictures of Davenport, and hope you are spared that.  

Stay safe!

Sue in IL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-9

Hope both of you stay safe.   I've seen that most of the Mid-West is really suffering from too much water.  Prayers with you all.

latterberry

May-10

Thanks!  We have lots of water laying around, but at least no major storms or tornadoes.  Sounds like Arkansas and Texas areas have really been hit.  Now watch, in July we will be praying for rain for the crops.