Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Just the kind of retirement home I need   Off-Topic Chat

Started May-11 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 705 views.

Check out this cute little house in Apache Junction -- I could buy it today!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJImS33PPCY  

latterberry

May-12

Cute, but where would all your sewing stuff go?

I would get rid of some of that furniture that's in there - don't need that much living room furniture or a dining table like that one.  Also would get something like a daybed instead of the bed that's in there.  I think I could make room for my sewing machine, serger, cutting table, and pressing table.  And did you see the good-sized storage shed behind the house?

I'm living in quite a small apartment now, so I'm getting better at downsizing and have always been pretty creative at storage solutions.  Definitely would have to downsize my stash too, but I am already doing that anyway, trying to get ready to move again when I retire.     

CozyQuilts

May-12

If you are willing to move to Sacramento, California area, my dad's trailer is for sale.  It is huge, has 2 baths and bedrooms.   Here's a link just in case you're  looking.  Or if anyone just wants to browse.  

What a nice home!  That is lovely, and I would LOVE to buy such a neat place, but I am afraid California is out of the question for me.  :(  You sure shouldn't have much trouble selling that!  

CozyQuilts

May-12

It was listed about a week or 2 ago.  We hope that it sells quickly!  Thank you!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-12

But, but, but .... if you came out here, we could get together with Judy Akers!

CozyQuilts

May-12

Pirate, aren't you here in California too?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-13

I sure am!  and DJzMom is too!

latterberry

May-13

I didn't see the shed.  That and eliminating furniture would be a big help.  My house isn't all that big, but 4 bedrooms so I don't think I could downsize that much--although I really should!