Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

And another optical I spy   Show and Tell

Started May-12 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 524 views.

This pattern is called Radiant by Cozy Quilt designs.  I saw one made at the Dallas show a few weeks ago (so glad they put the pattern names on the labels now).  This one was fun too. Hardest part was working out the ratios, I used 3" strips on one block, & 5" square" with 2" white strips on the other, for finished blocks of 9".   It's one of those patterns where you make 2 complete squares, sew down the diagonal and cut apart.  Though I decided to just cut and sew, was just careful handling  the diagonal - I was too lazy to draw the line.  There are lots of patterns available, and even a youtube video if anyone wants a pattern or to see how it's put together.  The other examples I've seen always have a black or dark center square, but too many of my novelties are black backgrounds, so I chose yellow instead.  I started with yellow novelties, but it was too busy.  So I substituted some yellow with polka dots.  You can play with the layout, a lot like a log cabin block.  But much faster - love that.

LindaPutt

May-12

I really love this one Dee!!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-13

Very striking!   It messes with my eyeballs.  :-)

latterberry

May-13

Wow!  I really like this one!  Thanks for the inspiration--I pinned it so that it could join all the many others on my "want to do" list.  

judyinohio

May-13

You are a wizard with fabrics when it comes to I Spy quilts!

LABFIEND

May-13

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Very striking!   It messes with my eyeballs.  :-)

?Ha Ha, I agree!  but it is a cool pattern and quilt!!

• Edited May 13, 2019 8:16 am  by  LABFIEND

I really like that pattern and also love the offcenter setting. That looks like it was fun to put together.

Here's a couple of others.  they are a bit calmer but they do still mess with your eyeballs a bit. kind of like most optical illusions.  I think it's interesting that I pinned this twice, once last June and again in March, not remembering that I had seen it previously.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

May-20

I love the 3-D look of that.  Another beautiful "I Spy".  Looks difficult but doesn't sound too bad.