Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Judy in Ohio inspiration   Show and Tell

Started May-18 by 5dogmom (CRISR5); 647 views.
5dogmom (CRISR5)

May-18

Some of you may remember a while back when Judy in Ohio shared a polymer clay project with us.  The one picture intrigued me and made me think I could make a similar motif out of fabric, ribbon, beads and sequins and use it (someday) in my crazy quilting.  Truly, for me lately, all roads lead to crazy quilting; you think I may be crazy?  <G>

Judy graciously gave me permission to use her artwork as a stepping stone for mine.  She emailed me several pictures to ensure I got one large enough to show the details I was most interested in.  When I shared my result with her, she said I should share it with the forum and talk about "cross contamination" between the hobbies.  "Cross contamination", my foot!  I much prefer to use the term "inspiration".  As we all inspire each other here.

Sharing now.

Cris in MT

In reply toRe: msg 1
5dogmom (CRISR5)

May-18

Forum treating me badly, so please ignore the attachment which it wouldn't let me edit and remove.

Cris in MT

Suze (casuzenn)

May-18

wow...that is neat!!

Wow that is really nice. I agree inspiration is a good term to use.

5dogmom (CRISR5)

May-18

Thank you!

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

May-18

Thank you, Ami.  Somehow I knew I'd be hearing from you and very glad of it, too!

Cris in MT

MarciainMD

May-24

What a clever idea, and very pretty!

5dogmom (CRISR5)

May-24

What a lovely compliment.  Thank you!

Cris in MT

sueinIL

Jun-12

Beautiful work, both of you! I love the adaptation of one type of hand work to another.

Sue in IL