Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Mountain fabric?   General Discussion

Started May-28 by sueinIL; 1044 views.
sueinIL

May-28

Does anyone have a piece of "mountain fabric" you would trade with me? I am making my third National Parks quilt and I realize I no longer have any intact mountains.  It's all been fussy cut to the pattern of swiss cheese.  Some fabric panels I've looked at on quiltshops.com are very nice, but shipping is almost half again the price of the fabric.  I have just about any landscape you might need, trees, grass, rocks, water, clouds, etc.  or quite a few animals--moose, deer, etc.  I would need pieces 9" (lengthwise) by 4" (height), or 4" by 4" square.  My stash is not full yardage, but  FQs and pieces.  Let me know and I'll look for something you'd like.

This was going to be my last Parks quilt, but then I bought more fabric duh!) and I have plenty left of many of them. just not mountains.

Thank you!

Sue in IL

LABFIEND

May-28

Is there a particular mountain fabric you want, or just "mountains"?  I will have to look, seems like I may have some mountains, finding it tho............but i will look!

CozyQuilts

May-28

Are  you looking for granite for the base of the mountains?  I might have some of that.  I also have some that looks like bricks and pebbles.  Will that do? 

sueinIL

May-28

Not a particular fabric, but a definite mountain skyline.  Snow is fine.

Thank you for stash diving!

Sue in IL

CozyQuilts

May-28

I can go a little further into the dungeon, I mean, stash and see what I can find.

sueinIL

May-28

Thank you, CozyQuilts.  Yes, granite, and snow is OK, too.  I have a creek bed with pebbles and rocks already.  Thank you for looking!

The mountain fabric I used up was from a panel with a forest of snow-covered pine trees in the foreground and the mountains far away in the background. I literally pieced some scraps of it today to see if I could scrounge up any 4" squares. It was pretty unsuccessful.

Sue in IL

LABFIEND

May-28

I thought I had more mountains, and I may, but where is the question!!

Here is what I found, not sure if it will work for you, but you are welcome to some, I have at least a year. The repeats look to be about 4 inches.

In reply toRe: msg 7
LABFIEND

May-28

A year, a yard, you know what I mean!!

Can't see the mountains very good, here are two more pics closer up.

sueinIL

May-28

Oh my!  That is beautiful!  I can see at least 3 fussy cuts in each repeat with trees, mountains, water...

If you truly want to part with some, I would love to have a repeat or two.  Please tell me what I can share with you from my stash of landscapes and wildlife. I will be happy to send you some, as they seem to be reproducing in my bin.

Thank you so much!

Sue in IL

LABFIEND

May-28

Message me your address and I will send you some.  Don't really need anything in return, really, I won't miss it.  if I ever need something, i will give you a hollar and maybe you can help me back. 

I will need to see a pic of the finished quilt posted here!!