Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can you tell I wasn't a math major?   General Discussion

Started Jun-24 by sueinIL; 357 views.
sueinIL

Jun-24

Did you know that if you want to double the size of a quilt that is 6 blocks by 7 blocks to one that is 12 blocks by 14 blocks, you don't just double the number of blocks you have to make?  A true "oh @#$*" forehead-slapping moment.  Now hiding behind a multiplication chart.

Sue in IL 

bornblesse2

Jun-24

Ummmmm....

does this mean you didn’t make enough blocks?  Oh dear!  That is why so many quilters like to do sketches.

sueinIL

Jun-24

No, it's a simple zig zag to use up scraps.  I just had to cut more strips and then subcut 5 1/2" pieces.  All done and ready to sew.

Sue in IL

Hahah! I did that once. I ordered a kit (I was new) to make something, and got double of a throw quilt, so I'd have a queen...hahahah!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-2

sueinIL said:

Did you know that if you want to double the size of a quilt that is 6 blocks by 7 blocks to one that is 12 blocks by 14 blocks, you don't just double the number of blocks you have to make? 

Yes, I knew.  Glad it was an easy fix for you.

tuckyquilter

Jul-4

I have dents in my forehead from  "ah ha quilting" moments