Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Word needed   Help... I'm In Search Of

Started Jun-26 by Midkid5; 408 views.
Midkid5

Jun-26

I'm in need of a word to use as part of a title on DSG book quilt.  I need a word or short phrase that would describe a individual that is very good at reading, giving each character a "voice".

I have tried on several occasions to use online dictionary and thesaurus but have not found what I'm looking for.  It can be a relatively unused word, meaning he would need to look up the meaning.

Jo

judyinohio

Jun-26

So you are writing about someone who is reading a book out loud and using different voices for different characters?

Someone who is acting out the different parts in the story using his/her voice?

Could you just call this person an "actor"?   Maybe you could look up synonyms for "actor" ....   thespian? 

Midkid5

Jun-26

Yes, and your word thespian I believe will work.  One of the problems I find when looking up synonyms is that they are usually common and simple words, where I would like more unusual words.

I think the title shall be Thespian Pie......the gentleman is a math professor and good friend of DS.  DGSs have loved he reading to them since they were very little.

Thanks for the help

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-26

'Thespian Pie' sounds intriguing!!

Mishii

Jun-26

I was thinking Bibliophile.  Thespian is probably more what she was looking for.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-26

Bilbiothespian??

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-26

or Thespian Pi, since the gentleman is a mathematician.

Midkid5

Jun-27

Even tho DGS will only be nine he knows what Pi is, so would be an easy guess for him to figure out the author of the book, but if I use pie he might have to think awhile.

Jo

nylaagain

Jul-2

I just logged in to suggest the exact same thing!