Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Re-run of My Wonky Star on CBS Sunday Morning on July 7th   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jul-6 by judyinohio; 351 views.
judyinohio

Jul-6

Just received an email that might be of interest to those of you who sent me "wonky" striped fabrics many years ago when I was working on a challenge for an Australian guild's international show. I created a "wonky star" for that challenge. 

Then a friend from college days who is a huge fan of CBS Sunday Monday told me about how that program is always looking for artistic "suns" from all over the world to feature just before their commercial breaks. When I shared a photo of my bit of creativity with her she encouraged me to send my star/sun to that show and they used it.

Looks like this program uses reruns!  She changed the name from "wonky" to "Wonka" but I don't mind.

Thank you again to everyone who contributed fabric to this fabric adventure of mine. It certainly traveled wide (to Australia) and has had a lot of exposure (on television two times!). 

"Good evening, Judy –

I wanted to drop you a line to tell you that your wonderful “Wonka” sun will make another appearance on our broadcast tomorrow.  We’re doing a story on clothing designer “Dapper Dan,” and it looks great at the end.

Thanks for sending us your marvelous creation.  It’s been here for 7 years already, but I haven’t stopped loving it!

Have a good Sunday.

Jessica Frank
Associate Director/Sun Coordinator
CBS Sunday Morning

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-6

How awesome!!  Wowsers .. on TV and everything.  :-)

P.S.  I recognized 2 of my fabrics!  woo hoo! :-)

latterberry

Jul-7

Whooohoooo!  That's great!  I'm proud to say I know a contributor to CBS news.

MarciainMD

Jul-7

Your creation featured on TV twice....nice!!!

Midkid5

Jul-7

Fantastic, great art work needs to be seen by the world.  Was this the last one you did or was there one more for that challenge?

Jo

Pamjr

Jul-7

How great is that!!! I watch that program all the time. The suns are the best part.

sueinIL

Jul-7

Yay!  I think you had  a second one on their show, too!?   But it can't have been 7 years ago, because that   would mean we are 7 years older, right?  No way!

Sue in IL

In reply toRe: msg 7
judyinohio

Jul-7

Well, if you sneezed you would have missed my brief flash of fame today.  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

Yes, you have a good memory.  I did have a second one on the show. First one, the one I shared with you today was broadcast in 2011 and the second one (one of my color wheels) was in 2014.  My DSIL caught that one on her television set in her living room.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-7

How fun!  And how kind of them to let you know once again.  I see mine!!!

bornblesse2

Jul-8

Oohhhhh......I might have sent you a few of those fabrics!  If not, I had them in my stash at some point!

how fun!