Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Blog post - Rainbow stars the process   Show and Tell

Started Jul-16 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 508 views.

I wrote a blog post documenting the process of my latest I spy.  Let me know if you see any spelling or punctuation errors.

https://deeintex.blogspot.com/2019/07/discussion-about-process.html

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-17

Looks terrific!  The blog post too.

judyinohio

Jul-17

Your blog post is very thorough and IMHO qualifies as a tutorial on how to make an I Spy Quilt for a toddler – but only if the person has an awesome novelty fabric stash as  a resource. relaxed

I have sent you a private email.

Sent you a private email Dee. This is such a cute quilt!

thanks Sandy.  I haven't receive an email from you as yet.

Msg 3375.6 deleted
sueinIL

Jul-23

I just loved reading your thoughts as the pattern evolved. When I was an English teacher, I would have called it stream of consciousness. I 'm in the process right now of adapting a background for  Christmas quilt.  Didn't have enough of the fabric I loved, so am having to use a couple--as in 2--different fabrics.  I'm liking it well enough to try a third fabric and really scrap it up.  Five rows of the quilt are now lying on my design wall aka the guestroom bed.  I just open the door, take a quick look, and then go in to tweak anything that seemed to command too much attention.  Definitely a love/hate relationship at this stage of planning, but in the end, I'll be happy.

Sue in IL

tuckyquilter

Jul-25

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3) said:

https://deeintex.blogspot.com/2019/07/discussion-about-process.html

It's a lovely quilt.  and nothing better than a good CPA when it's tax time.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-25

*great* blog post about your thought process!   I love reading stuff like that.

You are *so* talented with your novelties .. the quilts always come out terrific.

Thanks Shelley. I was thinking about you as I wrote it. Kind of talking to you and Judy K in my head.