Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Granny Made a Pinafore Apron With Popcorn Fabric   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jul-19 by judyinohio; 1273 views.
judyinohio

Jul-19

I love buttered popcorn and I thought this fabric from JoAnn's would make a cute "granny" apron but I think I should have chosen a more traditional "pinafore apron" fabric.  Oh, well, no one except DH is gonna see it anyway. And forum members, too.  LOL

Pattern is called "Crossback Reversible Apron" by indygojunction.com and I used same fabric on both sides.  It sure is warm.

Hey, Dee, do you need another letter P fabric for your novelty stash?  I have some popcorn fabric I could send to you since I did not make pockets for this thing.

MarciainMD

Jul-19

Your popcorn apron looks great!  And it will help keep you clean and tidy.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-19

cute!!

its a good color on you...

Why no pockets? I want/need pockets on everything...

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-19

I love popcorn also.  Haven't run across that fabric.  Nice to have one that is reversible so you can flip it if one side gets too many spills or splashes. Looks good.  

judyinohio

Jul-19

No pockets because I'm gonna be wearing it in my kitchen within walking distance of everything I need (such as tissues).

If I was going to be using it in the garden, yes, I would have added the pockets, but my gardening days are over. Absolutely no need for pockets in this case.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

Yummers!  That looks great.  What a fun apron.  Wouldn't that make a fun pillowcase with your favorite drink used for the trim end piece!  I'll have to watch for that at JoAnn's but I don't get there as often anymore.  

judyinohio

Jul-19

I had not been to my local JoAnn's store in a long time and I was pleasantly surprised by their fabric selections and how my store had reorganized their cotton fabrics.

Prominent label cards were in place for "Holiday Fabrics", "Novelty Fabrics" and various categories like that.  Quilting books were displayed in racks on the ends of the aisles. My store is still the small town old-fashioned kind, not one of the big city ETC (experience the craft) stores so your "experience" might be different. 

Or perhaps my small town store displaying ideas are finally catching up to the big city stores.  wink

Very nice, appropriate for the kitchen  and  sure send me your scraps.  Funny, I ran across an old (90's) apron pattern yesterday and thought I might make myself one.  I had found some llama fleece for dd's birthday, going through my remaining patterns to find the robe pattern

latterberry

Jul-20

Judy, you look great!  And your apron is so cute--I love it!  Looks like you are ready to roll out a pie crust.  I should learn to wear an apron--I can be so messy.