Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Product Review: Jerry's Jellyroll Jig   General Discussion

Started Jul-20 by Suze (casuzenn); 705 views.
Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-20

Have y'all been caught up in the Jellyroll Rug madness? if so, you'll want to see this new tool that we saw demoed on the Quilter's Run...'Jerry's Jellyroll Jig'...Marilynn at Cotton and Chocolate was demoing it and by golly..it does work and it looks like it would save bundles of time...she made a video of her tips and techniques using this tool and making Jellyroll Rugs..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN7awBZA0f8&feature=youtu.be

Rugs in all shapes!! Round, Oval, Stripes, Square (I like the square best! - see the one on her table under her machine....)

She had a couple more tips - spray with Scotchguard...and steam the rug as you are sewing it to make it really flat...wash in washer but DO NOT DRY IN DRYER!! lay flat to dry...

The other three gals in the car bought these jigs...I am not so sure I want to make a Jellyroll Rug since I am trying to cut down on the throw rugs in my house - Osteoporosis and throw rugs don't go together too well.. But I will look forward to seeing their creations! The non-quilter in the group wants to make these for bathroom rugs - bath mat, in front of the sink and around the commode...the size of her bathroom, that could be ALL the surface!!

Pamjr

Jul-21

Looks a lot like the thingy you use to make bias tape.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-21

yup...on steroids!!

bornblesse2

Jul-22

I wish I’d had that when I made my rug samples!  That would make the job so much easier!   I have made most of the different shapes - but not that last one, the square one.   That’s the newest pattern.

i do really like the half slice rug!  It is flat on one side and then round.   So it will fit up next to a cabinet or door.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-22

hum...never saw one of the half slice Jellyroll Rugs..that would be fun to figure out...

I think I could figure out how to do round, oval, stripes, and even the square one..but I'd have to see a half slice one!

In reply toRe: msg 5
Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-22

eh...not that hard!!

kinda like the stripes only you dish it...and put binding around all of the edges...

Make a round one, cut it in half, and you have two - just bind the edges - or just the straight edge.  Maybe?  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-22

heh...that would look different!

bornblesse2

Jul-23

Half slice rug looks like this....

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-23

oh yeah...I remember that one!! love the colors!!!