Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Award Rosettes and ribbons   General Discussion

Started Jul-30 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 381 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

Do any of you have award rosettes?  Ever wonder what to do with them, aside from feeling justified pride in your accomplishment?

This clever quilt actually DID something with those rosettes!  And a pretty clever idea it is.  One comment was that it would make for an unwieldy quilt and better suited for a wall-hanging (especially if you had a limited number) but ... heck ... unwieldy or not, this is a clever idea.   

The name of the quilt's creator was cut off in the picture that I saw, so I can't give credit where it is due.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-30

pictures are too tiny to see what she did...sigh...

judyinohio

Jul-30

Sorry, the link did not work for me.  But then I am not a member of Facebook.

Frankly, if I had won rosettes in quilting competitions I would treat those prizes with great respect. Perhaps this is a quilt that is "For Display Only" (like on a guest bed in a house with no pets) or something like that.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-30

nope .... didn't work for me either and I AM on FB...

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

Let's try THIS ..... (third time's a charm?)

hooray?

judyinohio

Jul-30

Much better.  Thank you, Pirate.

This is a 21st century version of an old crazy quilt, something created strictly for show.  She's used the rosettes for the flowers and then the ribbons that were attached to the rosettes as the "braids".

Very, very clever person indeed. 

The link worked for me.  FWIW.