Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

And this is why   General Discussion

Started Aug-5 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 567 views.

This is why I really love making I spy quilts.  Getting these pictures back from the parents for my scrapbook.

And here is another one - mom (my niece) had forgotten that this was the quilt I gave her when her now 6 year old was born, but there he is cuddling with it on a trip.  Still being used and loved.

MarciainMD

Aug-5

And those photos are the reason we quilt.

judyinohio

Aug-5

Thank you for sharing those, Dee. Makes all of us smile to see little kids snuggling with well-loved quilts.

I received a photo once that I could not share; local police chief (son-in-law of one of our employees)  snapped a cell phone photo of a social worker cuddling a three year old girl with a tear-stained dirty face. Child was timidly smiling as social worker chatted with her while child was wrapped in her new Project Linus blankie.  I told Bill that his one photo was enough to motivate me to make a couple dozen more fleece blankets in the next month.  joy

It is a wonderful feeling to see a quilt you made being used and loved!

latterberry

Aug-6

Awwwwww.....  how special.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-6

These pictures are the best thank yous you can get!  Thanks for sharing them.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-7

And that's why we do what we do!!

My dear friend and her DH retired and enjoy traveling in their truck and trailer all around the country.  They take their well behaved dog Haven and her DH loves Route 66 which they have been adventuring on often.  Heidi is a bit tired of it though and DH can't get enough!  I knew when I found this doggie lovers fabric at SAS in AZ while at a retreat I HAD to make a quilt for her.  She often get cold riding in the cab of the truck.  I backed it with Route 66 fabric so DH would smile too!  The quilt is used all the time and Haven rides in between driver and passenger from the back seat laying over the center console.  Heidi just sent these lastest pics from the road while on their Alaska/Canada trip and Haven just knows he and Mom ride with the quilt.  I love it!  I've repaired a few threads in the past and Heidi just msged me that I kinda need to look at it again after they get home.  

Gladly!!!

The front and back...

This is how they roll...

Haven smiling to say Hi...

"Don't forget me!"  The trailer was secured and Heidi and DH ready to get into the cab of the truck...

aww, another great story.  And what a sweet doggie.

MarciainMD

Aug-8

There's nothing better than knowing a quilt you made is being used and loved.