Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Stunning hexie layout   General Discussion

Started Aug-10 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 1094 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-10

I love making EPP hexies.  It's mindless work for when I want to occupy my hands but don't want to think about what I'm doing.  They are a great portable project for on the road work.

But, honestly, I get kinda bored with the standard layouts I see.  Yeah, yeah, yeah .. seen that, seen that, seen that.  BUT THEN .. this layout just showed up on my FB feed.  It's *stunning*.  Absolutely amazingly incredible.

I think to get the color distribution right, you'd almost need to have a design wall and put the hexies up as you make them or graph it all out before you even start.  Either way, I really, really, really love this layout.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-10

and who says that the hexie flower units HAVE to have a contrasting center?  This opens up new possibiilties!

MarciainMD

Aug-10

Wow.  That is just gorgeous!  

judyinohio

Aug-10

Now I know why I never was interested in working with hexagons – it was the annoying little yellow centers screaming for attention.  Get rid of the pesky yellow centers and you  have awesomely beautiful posies!

Just pinned that to my "Hexi Love" board on Pinterest...........thanks!!!

Midkid5

Aug-10

That is a stunning quilt but the one you do will be even more stunning.

Jo

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-11

Oh my...  that is a stunning layout.

latterberry

Aug-11

Love it!  Looks like a hill full of wild flowers.

bornblesse2

Aug-11

For some reason that reminds me of a one block wonder quilt.....   I guess I just glanced, and it’s the way the colors migrate around the quilt.