Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

cellphone quilting app   General Discussion

Started Aug-10 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 306 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-10

A potentially interesting cell phone app came across my FB page today.  It's called Quiltful.  It helps you keep track of your (specifically) quilting projects as to photos, description, its status, and other properties.   It's free in the app store.

I've installed it on my cellphone and it looks like it might be very helpful, especially for me, as I have a LOT of tops that have been pieced and are just waiting to be quilted.  It would be nice for me to have all the stats and photos for those tops in one handy place.  Since cataloging all those tops will take a substantial amount of time, I've started with the two project that are readily available .. my Art Deco Garden applique project that is active and on-going and a reverse needleturn applique project that is stalled.

The main drawback *for me* is that since it's a cell phone app only, all input needs to be done on the cell phone keyboard.  I *hate* that thing.  So annoying.  I've written an email to the developer asking if a desktop version is available or could be developed that would sync with the cell phone version so that I could do my main keyboard input with my desktop.  The cell phone app would be very handy to add photos.

It remains to be seen if I actually USE this app effectively. :-)

Here's a 3rd party description and link to the app: https://appadvice.com/app/quiltful/1447363152

Mishii

Aug-10

Downloading now.  My list is surprisingly long.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-11

Interesting.  I'm looking into it now.  Thanks!

MarciainMD

Aug-11

Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to check it out.

bornblesse2

Aug-11

That is for sharing that....I was going to download on my iPad, and I’ve forgotten my password. Oh well, I’m traveling right now anyway.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-11

Interesting.  I would prefer to have it on my tablet or cell phone.  Knowing me, I wouldn't use it on my phone.

bornblesse2

Aug-11

Cathy,   I just downloaded the app on my iPad, I’m sure you can put it on your tablet!   Looks interesting.  When I get home, I will start using it for my shop samples and deadlines and then add the few UFOs that I want to work on.

doubt I will do ALL of those projects hidden away, but will try tracking current and important things.

for my guild we are starting a paint chip project and I can track my work here.  I also need to start a shop sample.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-11

Thanks.  I'll try it on my tablet.  I would help me know what is in the works and at what stage.