Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Color Wheel Leftovers Going into New Project   General Discussion

Started Aug-16 by judyinohio; 762 views.
judyinohio

Aug-16

Found a pattern for a foundation pieced mini-quilt called "Stretched Geese" but it was too too tiny to suit my arthritic fingers.  Just looking at the size of the pieces required made my fingers quiver. persevere

So a clever woman at Office Depot enlarged the foundation by 140% and my fingers and brain relaxed.  grinning

Then it was time to go diving among the remnants from my previous color wheel projects for 28 bits and pieces of colors that will work with this idea. I pulled out pieces that are far too large for this project because who knows what might come up next ??  confused

tuckyquilter

Aug-16

This looks like a fun project.  Do "I Spy" a HST template of sorts on the right?

judyinohio

Aug-16

That is the foundation paper that I'll be using to stitch the small triangles of color down on along with the Admiral blue backing triangles, etc.

The designer showed just a small square of "Stretched Geese" but I am going for 28 colors of "geese".

CC (ccase5)

Aug-17

OH my , better you than me. That is a gorgeous project!! I just finally gave up on a denim quilt I'd started. rag one. It blocked me since January. I don't have that much time to waste so this morning i packed it all up for charity. i had two rows done and pieced denim squares for front done. all back sqs cut too. but my mind said STOP.
Cant' wait to see your quilt. love that one!!
sueinIL

Aug-17

I liove the variety of designs in your chosen "scraps." More to capture attention in the finished piece.  I have become " not averse" to using batik and prints together if the colors or patterns work together. I have also used the back side of a fabric to get a shade I liked.  Evolution is good.

Sue in IL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-17

I think you are going to like this one!

MarciainMD

Aug-18

The enlarged pattern and wonderful colors are perfect for you!  Looking forward to watching your progress.

judyinohio

Aug-18

Not going to start stitching on this yet because I have a lot of clay to condition for an upcoming online polymer clay class.  (Clay in a package from the store has to be processed in a pasta machine before you can use it – sort of the equivalent of pre-washing fabric before making a quilt.)

Instructor has offered these samples of potential beads to be made. Yeah, maybe.

Image result for single slice mokume
sueinIL

Aug-18

One of each, please!

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Aug-18

I hereby dub thee Silly Sue.

This will be an eight week course and I'll be doing good to make ONE of his Single Slice Mokume beads.  Dan Cormier carries the art of bead making to the ultimate of OCD behavior and I just tag along trying to follow the master ....