Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anyone ever ordered fabric from Spoonflower?   General Discussion

Started Aug-19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 324 views.

They are a company that prints custom digital fabric.  I'm looking for some specific novelty fabrics and have found them there.  Price isn't too bad since I'm only getting a small amount.  But I'm wondering how well it holds up to washing.  I'm making a quilt for a young couple and the dad to be is a physical therapist.  I found this fabric and thought it was pretty appropriate just want to make sure it will hold up.

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-19

I haven't heard anything negative about Spoonflower other than it tends to be on the expensive side to create a design and get it printed..but so far the folks that I know have used it seem happy with the quality....

Midkid5

Aug-19

Dee

I have used Spoonflower twice.  The first was about a year and half ago and the second time was just a couple of months ago.

The first piece I wasn't really sure which cotton fabric to choose, I don't remember which I did I was satisfied.  A little lighter weight than I had expected.

The second piece I ordered was heavier weight than the first, I believe it was called signature something.

I prewash all my fabric in hot water and I did not notice any fading.  All tho I have read where digital printed fabric should be washed in cold water.

Im sorry I can't tell you long term hold up as I have not seen first quilt since gifted and second one I just finished.

The usable fabric is a little narrower as the printing did not go from edge to edge, good inch on sides not printed on.

Jo

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-21

I think Pat H ordered fabric for one of her niece's who chose a particular character or animal she couldn't find anywhere.  She might know how well it has washed and lived in the few years since.

they came back with an answer, said it should be washed in cold water with mild soap & cool iron only.  Hmm, not good baby quilt options.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-22

Check with Pat Havens.  I think she had some fabric made or maybe she just bought it for a baby quilt some time ago.

bornblesse2

Aug-25

Long ago my niece ordered some for the baby quilt she wanted me to make her.  It was good fabric.  But, she ordered it and I don’t know what she got.