Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Collaboration Quilt   Show and Tell

Started Aug-26 by Midkid5; 1017 views.
Midkid5

Aug-26

I want to thank all of those who helped with the making of DGS quilt named...

WE ALL HAVE A TALE …….

Whose tails are these?

The following was included on the label:

It could not have been completed without particles from the seventeenth, twenty-first, thirty-first, and forty-sixth states, given freely by ladies of the On Line Quilting Guild.  Sue in IL who brought to my attention the pattern: Book Nerd by Angela Pingel.  Pirate aka Shelley in CA who shared her paper piecing with freezer paper instructions.  Judy in OH helped by supplying just the right word for the title of Mitch’s book.  LABFIEND aka Patty in OK graciously shared a piece of her troll fabric.

I was able to spend the afternoon with DS and both DGSs so got to see their reactions trying to figure out who would be the author of the books as the spines all contained a title.  Some of the titles included I met a Queen, Don't Judge my Briefs, and Bottles in the Air.

Jo

Hope the pic is attached

judyinohio

Aug-26

That must have really been a fun quilt to make and I'm pleased that I had a small part in helping you create it. But for the life  of me I cannot recall how I supplied just the right word ....  other than the fact that I tend to ramble on a lot.  LOL

I am going to guess that your DGS is a bit of a bookworm. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-26

that looks *fantastic*!  I'm glad my instructions helped you out. :-)

Mishii

Aug-26

That is fabulous!  Great job!

Suze (casuzenn)

Aug-26

fantastic quilt and wonderful contributions!

Midkid5

Aug-26

Judy, to say DGS is a bit of a bookworm is an understatement.  He just turned nine he is reading three to four years above is level and he speed reads to boot.  At age six he read a Hardy Boy Book in under three hours and than we discussed it as I remember reading it.

Jo

bornblesse2

Aug-26

So glad you have  a reader!  I always said if kids could read, they could do anything they desire to do.  It is the path to doing what you want in your life.

and I love the places books can take you, the emotions they can evoke.  It is a great quilt and I bet it is really lived and cherished.

How cute. That turned out great. 

latterberry

Aug-27

What a darling and clever quilt!  No doubt it will be well loved.