Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help! How much batting on a bolt?   General Discussion

Started Sep-6 by sueinIL; 1246 views.
sueinIL

Sep-8

A very good idea!

Sue in IL

JoAnns measures it even if it’s sealed up! 

sueinIL

Sep-8

Surprisingly, they didn't measure! But when I checked out and the clerk scanned the barcode, she told me the price was $10.10.  I asked her was that correct?  And she said yes, it was $12.99 originally and was on sale for 40% off, $7.79.  I said but it is 15 yards.  So she scanned again and the true price came up.  She just said-- and I am not kidding--Oops!  Darned conscience.

Sue in IL

sueinIL said:

So she scanned again and the true price came up.  She just said-- and I am not kidding--Oops!  Darned conscience.

Yes, I would have done the same thing. They have bills to pat like we do!

judyinohio

Sep-9

And was this clerk a juvenile, someone under the age of twenty-one?

Any mature clerk (someone who can do math in her head) would have realized that $10.10 was an unrealistic price for a bolt of batting.

sueinIL

Sep-9

Yes, I'd say under 21.  Giving her the benefit of the doubt, she may not have known what this roll of batting was (they sell big rolls of fleece meant for blankets every day, I'd think), and didn't know it was a group of 15 packaged *items* that could be priced individually.  I just about laughed when she said "Oops"!

Sue in IL

I would have corrected her as well. 

I paid $160 for a roll of Hobbs 80/20 of 120" wide and 30 yards at the quilt shop in Zanesville OH.

qltmkr1

Sep-10

Sounds like you got a very good deal, and enough batting to last for a few weeks. wink

LOL on the 'oops' comment, and that clerk might look a little closer the next time she's adding up a purchase.  I'd bet your conscience would've really been nagging you, if you hadn't questioned the price!

Thanks for the update, Sue.

Cheryl 

sueinIL

Sep-11

Wow!  That's a fantastic buy!

Sue in IL