Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help! How much batting on a bolt?   General Discussion

Started Sep-6 by sueinIL; 1245 views.
sueinIL

Sep-9

Yes, I'd say under 21.  Giving her the benefit of the doubt, she may not have known what this roll of batting was (they sell big rolls of fleece meant for blankets every day, I'd think), and didn't know it was a group of 15 packaged *items* that could be priced individually.  I just about laughed when she said "Oops"!

Sue in IL

I would have corrected her as well. 

I paid $160 for a roll of Hobbs 80/20 of 120" wide and 30 yards at the quilt shop in Zanesville OH.

qltmkr1

Sep-10

Sounds like you got a very good deal, and enough batting to last for a few weeks. wink

LOL on the 'oops' comment, and that clerk might look a little closer the next time she's adding up a purchase.  I'd bet your conscience would've really been nagging you, if you hadn't questioned the price!

Thanks for the update, Sue.

Cheryl 

sueinIL

Sep-11

Wow!  That's a fantastic buy!

Sue in IL

CC (ccase5)

Sep-11

ha, ha, ha. yep that got you, but good for you. that would have toooo good of a bargain to live with easily. even though companies make huge profits.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-13

judyinohio said:

Wrap a quilt around it and stand it in a corner of a room somewhere

Great idea!

tuckyquilter

Oct-3

I buy Nature's Touch 80/20 w/scrim by the bolt 90" x 20 yrs, on overstock.com.  I never pay more than $80 with a coupon, and free shipping.  It's a good weight and perfect price for charity quilts.  

Doing Charity quilts can be costly.. lol