Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Finished Happy quilt top   Show and Tell

Started Sep-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1047 views.
bornblesse2

Sep-10

I  like that.  Jelly beans is a great description!

I love the usend of the solids mixed in.

me too.  Downside, I'm realizing how limited my non-novelty fabrics are.  I need to go shopping.  relaxed I've used up several of the bright colors - I need some red, blue & green.  Judy K will laugh about the green, she took me shopping for greens when I visited her years and years ago.  And I'm still looking for green.

judyinohio

Sep-11

August, 2011 wasn't THAT long ago. Look at what a gracious hostess I was – offering her a choice of Raisinets.

Dee, you could go online shopping at the Fat Quarter Shop and pick up a bundle of greens with just a click or two.

• Edited September 11, 2019 1:09 pm  by  judyinohio

true, it can't be that long ago.  I still have that shirt and my hair still looks like that.  OF course I will likely be able to say that in 10 years from now....

judyinohio

Sep-11

And I still wear those earrings. Some polymer clay artist I am that I wear earrings that I bought decades ago at a big box store.  Do you know what the current trend in polymer clay earrings is?  Making "ear art" that doesn't match.

Here's an example of earrings made by a Spanish artist who would be right at home in Dee's quilting room:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/164700582/colorful-original-and-funny-polymer-clay?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=polymer+earrings&####-3-8&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&col=1

• Edited September 11, 2019 5:15 pm  by  judyinohio

oooh, those are fun.  Though I'd injure myself with something that hung down that low.

judyinohio

Sep-11

Same here.

I do not understand why these young artists make earrings for people with Audrey Hepburn necks ....

Related image
  • Edited September 11, 2019 9:17 pm  by  judyinohio

Seems like I am always shopping for blue. I use more blue than any other color.

I have more brown in my stash than any other color because I find great sales on browns......guess I need to make a series of quilts with brown. I do like brown with blue and green so will start there.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Sep-19

Nice job Dee!   Whoever gets it will love it!