Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Here's a Woman Who Thinks BIG With Fabric!   Off-Topic Chat

Started Sep-16 by judyinohio; 1142 views.
judyinohio

Sep-16

Check out what this woman does with yards and yards of donated fabric to create her art ...

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2019/09/amanda-browder-installations/?mc_cid=43274ff6d4&mc_eid=95071ef9df

Do you suppose she uses helicopters or cranes to drape some of these pieces over buildings?

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-16

Hmmm.  While I do like the effect the the triangular "banners", I can't quite appreciate the building wraps.  I don't see this as "art" and makes me thing that someone has lots of unstructured time on their hands a/o an awarded fund for "public art".

Midkid5

Sep-16

I whole heartedly agree with you.

Jo

sueinIL

Sep-16

Wow!  I can't even imagine the final fitting!

Sue in iL

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-16

wow....

interesting...

latterberry

Sep-17

I wonder how long those monstrosities are left up.  Must not be windy wherever they are.  Can't say as I appreciate this art form either. 

MarciainMD

Sep-17

My first thought was think about all the wonderful charity quilts those bolts could have made.

In reply toRe: msg 7
judyinohio

Sep-17

And after reading all of your comments I will reveal my thought that she's the P.T. Barnum of fabric art.

P.T. Barnum (of circus fame) supposedly said that there's a sucker born every minute. I feel that this person is a hustler of the first order who creates peculiar things for notoriety's sake but  does not exactly bring joy or beauty to the community. It's kindergarten art on a big scale.  JMHO.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-17

I don't really care for it.  Glad that building is not next door to me.

Mishii

Sep-17

I just kept thinking of the poor people trying to work in that building.  How frustrating must it be to have colored fabric over the windows so you have to try to work in a rainbow all day.