Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Judy's Wonky Sun   General Discussion

Started Sep-16 by sueinIL; 724 views.
sueinIL

Sep-16

Judy, CBS Sunday Morning used your quilted sun between two segments yesterday.  I knew it instantly!  I hope you're getting millions in royalties!  

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Sep-16

Sue, I am not getting any royalties at all for the display of my Wonky Sun.

Jessica at CBS had emailed me the day before to let me know that they would be broadcasting it again but I didn't bother to mention it on the forum because it was a re-run of a re-run. LOL  It looks like they are not having many "artists" submit new "suns" these days.

Pamjr

Sep-17

I saw it too and recognized it instantly. I'm sure they get suns all the time. They had a segment on the program once, about ALL the hundreds of suns they get.  It's just that YOUR sun is extra great! Can you make other ones like it or do they "own" it now?? It's a great sun. I've always thought they should publish a book with just the pictures of all the suns in it.

In reply toRe: msg 3
judyinohio

Sep-17

They do not "own" it.  I could make others like it if I had the fabrics ... which I don't.  My DD has the original wall hanging.

Generous forum members donated the "wonky" striped fabrics that I used to make that star years ago for a competition in Australia.

• Edited September 17, 2019 12:15 pm  by  judyinohio
Pamjr

Sep-17

Well, it's one really good looking block ! Sometimes the "suns" are the best part of the program.

In reply toRe: msg 5
judyinohio

Sep-17

Here's my DD and the Wonky Star (Sun) the day she claimed it as her own.  She helped me decide that the face should be placed off-center in the design so that's why she was allowed to take it home with her.

It was created in 2012 for those of you who donated fabrics and are trying to remember ...

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Sep-19

I love your Sun! Beautiful as ever!  I remember when you told us it would be on the CBS morning show.  It was fun to be able to say, "Hey, I know who made that Sun."  

CC (ccase5)

Sep-20

fabulous!! that is what that is!! Wow!
judyinohio

Sep-21

Thank you very much. 

I don't recall which fabric was the one sent to me by the Bunbury (Western Australia) quilting guild as the challenge fabric but it was one of those wonky wiggly stripes.

And after I got the "star" idea I put out a call to forum members for donations of strips of more wonky  wiggly stripes because I could only find about five by searching local stores. Wow, did I have interesting mail for the next couple of weeks!

The star face in the center is from a Laurel Burch fabric I had had for years (and never knew why I purchased it). LOL

the black & bright fabric with wiggly stripes just to the right of 12:00 is from me.  I used it for I spy narrow borders & bindings for several years.  It's all gone now.  Ah and I recognize the fabric just above 3:00 also.  All that's left of it is some binding scraps.  Memories.