Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

very small crystals   General Discussion

Started Sep-16 by sueinIL; 641 views.
sueinIL

Sep-16

What kind of tiny crystals can be used on quilts to add a little glitter?  Are they iron-on?  Sew on?  I've seen them used but never thought I'd ever want to use them.  

Sue in IL

I believe they have a tiny bit of heat-activated glue on the flat back, and you need a special applicator thing that both heats the glue and acts as a tool for precisely placing them on the fabric.  Not sure what they call them.  I would google "rhinestone quilt embellishments" or something similar.  

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-17

I've used "iron on" Swarovrski" crystals.  I git them at JoAnns.

sueinIL

Sep-17

Good!  Then I don't have to buy a heating tool.

Sue in IL

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Sep-20

By any chance do you have one of those Clover wand iron gizmos? That’s what I’ve used in the past to affix individual iron on rhinestones. It’s easier to control them a larger iron. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-20

Good idea!  I bought the tool.unamused

sueinIL

Sep-21

Yes, I do! That's a great idea!  I haven't used it in forever, but now it can be repurposed.  Thanks, Misha!

Sue in IL

tuckyquilter

Oct-3

Question:  How well does the "bling" hold up on a quilt, if it's actually used as a quilt?  

pandnstarr

Oct-10

I have used them on a couple of wall quilts and used the iron on.  I get them from Sue's Sparklers.