Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I feel so much lighter!   General Discussion

Started Sep-17 by sueinIL; 480 views.
sueinIL

Sep-17

I just labeled and bagged about 8 quilt "kits" to deliver to the Mennonite thrift shop--Spare and Share. Some I had started and realistically would not have finished.  Every one had all the pieces cut, and in some cases included backing, an instruction booklet, or my own general notes on the project.  I feel happy knowing someone else will enjoy getting a great price for the package and, hopefully, the pleasure of making the quilt.  Oh, and I freed up several plastic bins they had been occupying.  Time to buy more stuff!

Sue in IL

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-17

Good for you!  That is such a liberating feeling.

latterberry

Sep-18

Is that the sop in Gridley?  I love that place.  I used to stop by there when going up to Streator to visit my folks. It was always so neat and tidy.  Some shopper is going to be very lucky to get your kits.

sueinIL

Sep-18

Lynne, yes it's in Gridley.  I've donated fabric and yarn there, but yesterday was my first visit to the shop. Wow!  It was clean and bright, organized like a store, and loaded with everything at great prices. I believe it's run to benefit Mennonite missions.  I think I'll be going back.

Sue in IL

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-1

Nicely done!  Now you have room for new projects!

nylaagain

Oct-2

Going back to buy your kits?

sueinIL

Oct-2

No, I'd be really happy if someone else used them to make something they like.  I have what I made them into, and that's enough.

Sue in IL

tuckyquilter

Oct-3

Terrific way to eliminate, with purpose, fabric/UFO's etc that one knows they won't use or finish.

I started doing kits w/pattern for all my fabric.  It takes up less room, and I don't have to think that hard.  I got the idea when a quilter left her entire sewing room to my hospital quilting group. Everything was in baggies, labeled, cut w/pattern.  We even got the sewing machines. That woman had her act together. AND it made it so easy for use to make quilts quickly. I stole her idea.  I still have lots more to package.  

sueinIL

Oct-3

Wow!  She was generous AND organized!    I'd like to say I am both, but I know when my kids go through my things, they will wonder how I lived in all the quilting/sewing clutter!

Sue in IL