Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I knew it wouldn't be fun but I did it anyway   General Discussion

Started Sep-17 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 682 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-2

Oh my goodness!  Great job but I don't envy you quilting that.  You are sure not afraid to tackle patterns and ideas I'd be overwhelmed with just considering!  

thanks.  I am planning on just doing a loose meander, avoiding the pockets.  I had thought about SID across them, but decided I spent too much work on them to hide them.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-3

An all over meander avoiding those centers will be challenging enough.  I haven't quite learned the "look ahead" of where you are stitching yet.  

nylaagain

Oct-3

Looks like a bow tie block.

I wont be quilting it for a while, so I may change my mind...

It looks like a bowtie block to me too.  There is a block called the "Ten Minute" block that involves 5 squares, only 3 seams and done in 10 minutes that is really the bowtie block when finished.  Here's a link to a demonstration..  https://youtu.be/sgAZ3_xdkGw

I made several blocks using this technique just to see if the 10 minute time was true.  And yes, it only took 10 minutes to make each block.

MarciainMD

Oct-16

I had forgotten about that block!  It's great when you need a really quick quilt.  Thanks for sharing.

that's exactly how mine was constructed.  but much smaller.  I think it would have been easier to work with larger.  my inserts were only 3" square.

That is very small.  But it turned out beautiful.  Congratulations on not giving up.