Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I made this quilt twice   General Discussion

Started Sep-25 by sueinIL; 247 views.
sueinIL

Sep-25

I've been working on this Christmas Tree quilt for over a month (with a two-week vacation in the middle).  Finally finished it yesterday afternoon, and I feel like I've made it twice.  So many miscalculations, stoopid mistakes, ordering more fabric, interruptions, re-thinking, ripping out and sewing back together.  Granted, it's a large quilt, for me anyway, and an easy pattern (I have made it before), but I but I think I did everything twice.  I realized partway through cutting out trees (large template triangle from MSQC) that I was rotating the template up-down, up-down and creating half the tree pieces upside down on a directional print.  Reindeer and evergreens were standing on their heads.  I had plenty of Christmas colors fabrics left, but not enough background/sashing/inner border fabric.  So I found some more through quiltshops. com, and ordered a yard thinking it would be plenty.  Then I decided to enlarge the quilt since I really did have plenty of fabric.  Well, every design except for the background/sashing/inner border, which would now take more of it.  So I ordered another yard from the same place.  Which now means I have ordered two yards at $11.50 each plus shipping and handling TWICE!  Thought I was ready to put the outer borders on, when I decided I didn't like the reindeer and trees running up and down sideways on the side inner borders.  So I ripped, cut new, and reattached. Then it took me two days to get the outer slab-o-border on because I changed my mind on corner squares, ripped them off, and resewed them twice.  I think now it's done.  I know I am!

Sue in IL

Mishii

Sep-25

Fun story, but where is the picture?

latterberry

Sep-26

Phew!  Makes me tired even reading of all of your struggles.  I hope we get to see a photo.

sueinIL

Sep-26

I'll have to get out my old 35mm camera.  The Kindle doesn't play nice with posting pictures, except in mail or to Facebook.]

Sue in IL

nylaagain

Sep-26

((((Sue))))