Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The twice-made Christmas quilt   General Discussion

Started Sep-27 by sueinIL; 659 views.
sueinIL

Sep-27

Here's a pic of the Christmas tree quilt I made twice--almost literally.  I will find some backing for it and take it to my quilter.  She will make it beautiful!  Sue in IL

judyinohio

Sep-27

That's certainly a cheery quilt.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-27

That's an excellent quilt!  A great way to use up and showcase a bunch of fabrics.  I bet it was pretty easy to construct.

sueinIL

Sep-27

Yes, it's very easy, except when you cut half the background trees with the deer and trees upside down and have to rip them all off and start over. Definitely recommend a non-directional fabric for background, sashing, and inner border.

Sue in IL

sueinIL

Sep-27

Missouri Star's template is made so that you can cut two trees and a trunk out of a 10" square.  There is a smaller template, too.

Sue in IL

latterberry

Sep-28

I'm sorry it took so much extra work, but it sure turned out lovely.  Can you do something with all the leftover scraps?

Oh I really like that! My DD asked for a Christmas quilt after I made her each of her 3 sons. This might be the one. 

sueinIL

Sep-28

Sandy, the MSQC template isn't expensive, and it lets you make good use of a 10" square. Very little wasted fabric.

Sue in IL