Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dream Big panel with pieced border   General Discussion

Started Sep-30 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR); 573 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-30

Do we have a thread on this panel?  If so, I couldn't find it.  I think we've had some discussion on the VOS thread, but stuff gets buried in there.  :-)

Anyway, a lady who goes by "Debi Quilts" on Facebook just posted her Dream Big panel ... BUT ... **look at the pieced border** she put around it!  This is *fantastic*.  Like so many other quilters, I've always thought that the digital Dream Big panel was outstanding just by itself.  However, I've also tended to think that it needed something beyond the edges of the panel to finish it off.

Slab-o-borders are boring .. unless, perhaps, you do a varied width series of borders, that might be interesting.  But this pieced border really, really sets it off.  It certainly lets you think which other pieced borders might work also.

As much as I don't really care for square quilts, I don't think that any extensions that would make the shape rectangular would enhance it.  

Mishii

Sep-30

I have to plug Bold Notion Quilting again.  She has border kits.  Works for the Dream Big and the Leaf thing (which I personally don't like as much).  Fabric, thread....I'm assuming you can get the pattern only if you wanted.

• Edited September 30, 2019 4:42 pm  by  Mishii
In reply toRe: msg 2
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-30

Oh. My. GOODNESS.    That is AWESOME.    I need to peruse their website.

How did I not know about them???   

bornblesse2

Oct-1

That’s a great border!  I have been following Bold quilting also.  She has done some videos on quilting, but she also has several borders....just saw a neat one the other day.  Wonder if I can find it.

nylaagain

Oct-1

Wow,, just WOW.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-1

Pieced borders for the Dream Panels are really an interesting idea.  Have to think on that!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Oct-3

Those borders really do set off the panel.  The contrast in color and shapes does it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Oct-3

Mishii said:

I have to plug Bold Notion Quilting again. 

This one is really nice too.

CC (ccase5)

Oct-4

that border is absolutely gorgeous!!! I want one. wish i had time for everything I want to make.