Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Need Kitties   General Discussion

Started Oct-8 by MarciainMD; 891 views.
MarciainMD

Oct-8

I'm making a house quilt block for a quilting friend who is moving away.  She loves cats so I would like to add some little kitties to the windows of the house.  Does anyone have kitty fabric that you would be willing to share?  I only need 3 kitties, each about 1" square.   Thanks.

judyinohio

Oct-8

Oh, goodness, I had to giggle, Marcia. 

I know that you are a dog person 100% so when I saw a request from you about needing kitties I thought you had temporarily lost your mind. You have a good cause, though, and I'll bet that our cat lovers on the forum will soon come to your rescue.

MarciainMD

Oct-8

I thought about you and chuckled when I wrote the title!  I have dog fabric, but no cat fabric.  Since I only need such small pieces, I really hope someone can help me out.  I don't want to buy fabric for a few 1 to 2 inch squares.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-8

I have one fabric that has walking cats...the cats fit in a 1 inch frame but they are not particularly good for peaking out of a window!...the other fabrics with cats are considerably larger - I have jelly cats, santa cats, and cats swimming in the ocean with fish...I pretty sure I  have some others (I KNOW I have others..just where are those rascally pieces of fabric??) from when I made a schlep bag for my aunt in cat fabrics...lemme look tonight after work...

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-8

I have some Debbie Mumm from "way back when".  I *think* it was part of a best friends bundle.  Anyway, the kitties are about an inch and a half.  I tried to scan it for you, but my scanner isn't speaking to my computer at the moment.  I'll keep trying, and you're certainly welcome to a piece of this unseen if you want to risk it.

Cris in MT

MarciainMD

Oct-9

Thank you Suze!  I can also place a cat outside in the yard so it doesn't have to be perfect for inside a window.

MarciainMD

Oct-9

Thank you Chris!  The windows will be 2" square so your piece should be fine.

bornblesse2

Oct-9

I might have kitties, but I am not sure.  I can look tomorrow on my day off.  I have a full week of work this week just because of how things fell out.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-9

I found more cats....

send me your  address....I think it still works to send private messages thru the forum...click on me in the recent visitors list....

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-9

It's yours!  I don't always get forum private messages to me, so you could email me your street address at ruckmanc at yahoo dot com.

Cris in MT (who woke up to the early major snow storm that was being predicted this morning)