Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Turtle Quilt - 10 years in the Making   Show and Tell

Started 10/8/19 by Samsmom94; 1802 views.
In reply toRe: msg 17
Samsmom94

Dec-31

Thanks everyone. This next year I want to do another star for my DIL. I have a pattern in mind just have to ask her about which colors she would like.

Cari

Did you draft it yourself? That’s really pretty. 

Samsmom94

Jan-7

No, I just changed the colors. It's a pattern I bought years ago. I've recently found out that the website is back and she has some patterns for sale again. Turtle Island is about half way down the page.

http://www.starquiltpatterns.com/Web/2Patterns/Patterns1.html

Cari

Samsmom94

Jan-17

No, it's strip pieced. It's really not that hard as long as you remember that the edges of the strips are bias and are careful with them. I think the big star was actually easier to do than the small(28") wall hangings I made first. Diane's instructions are very good and have lots of photos so that helps too.

Cari

Thank you for the information! I ordered it.
tuckyquilter

Jan-18

Beautiful Quilt.  I like the puppy too.

Family is always a good thing.

Samsmom94

Jan-19

Lol, that "puppy" is a 2yr old 140lb Cane Corso house hippo. She's huge, bigger than most males of the breed. This is my favorite pic of her with my 10yr old GS Arrow.

Cari

tuckyquilter

Jan-19

Those are huge animals. A cop here in the county has three of the blue/grey color. They are beautiful.  Last time I saw them the "baby" about 4 mo old was being led by the guys 4 yr old son. NOW if that dog had taken off ??  lol that little fellow would have been flying like a kite.  It was our big Pooch Parade fundraiser for my favorite Rescue group.  

He had them on sturdy custom make leather collars and chain leases.  Folks moved out of his way fast.  But the dogs were perfectly trained by police standards. I thought they were magnificent.  I prefer the large breeds over the smaller ones.  Heck when I physically worked at the rescue on Saturday's, the only dogs that have ever tried to bite me were under 15 lbs...