Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

road trip   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Oct-10 by latterberry; 892 views.
latterberry

Oct-10

I'm on a personal road trip through the Blue Ridge mountains and it is totally beautiful!  Quite a bit different driving than the flat cornfields of Illinois for this old gal.  I stopped by this quilty , artsy, tourist store and it is sad to see mountains of quilts you know are NOT made by the locals.  They were stunning and beautiful quilts and tourists were buying them thinking they were Appalachion quilts. Probably made in China.

MarciainMD

Oct-10

Have fun!  Are you by any chance traveling on the Blue Ridge Parkway?  That's the best way to see the beauty of the area.

latterberry

Oct-10

that's the plan.  I can't take off until the fog lifts.  they post warning signs not to travel it in the fog and right now it is pretty thick.

MarciainMD

Oct-10

Enjoy!  The slower speed on the Blue Ridge Parkway gives more time for enjoying the vistas, plus there are many lay-bys to stop and take photos.  And lots of great hiking trails!

latterberry

Oct-10

I only did 90 miles today.  So incredibly beautiful.  Even stopped at the Blue Ridge music center to listen to lovely mountain music.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Oct-10

Another road trip for you?  How far are you going this time.  Hope you post some pictures.

latterberry

Oct-11

Just spending a few days in the Blue Ridge mountains--NC. VA, WV.  After living 67 years in the flat lands of Illinois, I love seeing these mountains and the culture of the area.  I will admit that I don't think I would want to drive these hilly zigzag roads every day.  I cautiously poke along and the locals just fly by me.

Are the leaves turning? Sounds like a beautiful trip for you.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Oct-11

If you go too fast, you miss a lot of the beauty and feel of an area.  Let the others continue to pass you by.  Hopefully they will not be angry.

latterberry

Oct-11

the leaves are just starting to turn and it is incredibly beautiful.  When I'm used to nothing but corn and bean fields, these mountains are amazing. I visited with a gal in SC who said she loved Illinois when she went through there because you could see forever.  Guess the grass is always greener on the other side.