Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lattice bright with B&W noveties   Show and Tell

Started Oct-14 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 270 views.

Well that's done.  I decided to just extend the lattice to complete the last circle all the way around and call it good - so no border on this one.  The really odd part is that at some point in using brights & making kits in the last few weeks, I apparently either used all of one of my few bright yellows or else filed it someplace weird.  I keep racking my brain and have no recollection of thinking - that's the last of that yellow.  But I could not find it anywhere - and it's not like a have a large collection of yellow.  And of course I needed a strip and two little triangles of THAT yellow.  I did finally find a piece of bias binding in my stash that was the right fabric and large enough - I starched it to paper stiffness, then basted the outer edge.  Really didn't want to substitute another fabric because - well that would break the pattern !  Gasp, can't do that....

Not sure when it will get quilted. This is the latest in my black & white novelty binge.  I only have 1 more idea for black & white and I'm running out of steam - not sure that one will get made or not.  I need to do some quilting now, the stack of tops in the closet has been growing.

judyinohio

Oct-14

Marvelous job on this one, Dee.  I'm so glad that you were able to locate the small bit of yellow that was required to complete the task ...

I suppose your DD and DSis will be burdened with the dreadful chore of helping you replenish your stock of bright yellow novelties while you are at Houston. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

It looks awesome. It is great that you found that strip of bias to finish it off.

MarciainMD

Oct-15

Another great quilt!  You come up with so many interesting patterns.

thanks Marcia (and others).  I think this idea came from Billie Lauer YEARS ago.  I made a blue & red version at an AZ retreat a long time ago but had not done another in a long time, thought I'd try it.  It's actually an easy quilt, just a framed square & a snowball block.  As always it's the color placement that makes it interesting.

I found the last one - made in Feb 2012 according to Google photos.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Oct-31

Wow, that looks so striking. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity for your I Spy quilts!