Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Excited!   Off-Topic Chat

Started Oct-15 by bornblesse2; 521 views.
bornblesse2

Oct-15

This is totally off topic, absolutely not quilt related!

but, I am excited because I actually got to speak to hubby at noon today!  I had expected to not be able to do this this month.  He is on a mission trip in Africa- in case you didn’t know.  

I have been fortunate to get texts from him at least once a day which has delighted me.  But it was a total surprise to get  Call!

they have found his gift of organizing and REALLY put him to work. He organized a 40’ shed/building that even had unopened boxes of tools from Australia.  Things are labeled and shelved and even the locals are praising him!  SO, Pastor has immediately directed him to his personal library.  He has never had time to get it set up.  Many boxes of books fill the space.  I am so proud of my guy, and now happy for self as I got to hear his voice!

MarciainMD

Oct-15

Ellen, that's great!  I can feel your excitement through the internet.  Texting is great but you can't beat actually talking on the phone.

keddykat75

Oct-15

That is so exciting!  I can't even imagine not being able to talk to Robert, let alone being away from him that long.  How exciting that he gets to do that trip though.

judyinohio

Oct-15

What a delightful surprise for you. I'm glad to learn that your husband's talents are being put to such good use in a faraway place that needed his organizing skill.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-15

I watched the video...he is in an interesting spot in Africa...love the giraffes! and the tool shed looks very neat now...I just hope the folks using it keep putting the stuff back where it goes! 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Oct-15

How gratifying for him to be able to use that particular skill!  I know how great it feels to have everything put away in its "proper" place, all neat and tidy.   The upside of doing organizing such as the tool shed and the library is that he gets to work INSIDE in the SHADE!   Thank goodness for small favors!  :-)

bornblesse2

Oct-15

I have posted videos on FB.  People have been following the team.   I will put a link to the you tube video of his shed here....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=EIDGoxol65A

see if this works....

In reply toRe: msg 8
bornblesse2

Oct-15

Here is the link to the other big jobs that have been done by the team.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kmHr3SRuimg&feature=share

this gives you an idea of some of the tasks happening.  I keep hearing that small jobs are also done all over I Between - just like the opening in the gate.  

judyinohio

Oct-15

Thank you, Ellen, for sharing those videos here on the forum for those of us who don't belong to Face Book.

Looks like the team of men from your church have a lot of work to do. I suspect that they will be very happy to come home and get some rest after working so hard in such poor conditions.