Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I like this idea - may be my next I spy   General Discussion

Started Oct-30 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 381 views.

Saw this on FB, love the colors.  Midnightquilter demo'ed it on youtube -  And the pattern download is free - even better.

Suze (casuzenn)

Oct-30

ooh...that is nice! can't wait to see your version....

MarciainMD

Oct-30

Thanks for sharing!  I just downloaded the pattern.  Now, when I'll have a chance to make it is another issue.

MarciainMD said:

Now, when I'll have a chance to make it is another issue.

well, yes.  I was thinking the same thing.  I really really need to quilt some of the stack I've accumulated the last few months.  But those colors are so pretty..... 

judyinohio

Oct-30

Excuse me, isn't that almost a broken-up color wheel?   wink

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-30

Indeed!  Which would make it right up your alley!

Thanks for sharing the pretty eye candy, Dee.

Cris in MT

Yes,I suppose it could be considered as such...

bornblesse2

Oct-31

I have seen that pattern!  I like it, leave it to you to think I Spy with it.

After looking at the instructions tho it is made with several HST. I had thought the large section of color was one piece instead.  It may not work that well for novelty. Have to think about it. See if I can construct another way. I dont like breaking up the novelty that much.

sueinIL

Nov-1

Dee, do a quick search for Dusky Mountain Quilt Pattern. It uses the same HST block but laid in horizontal rows. I'm going to make 12 rows, the four seasons 3 times.  I may do some flying geese in there; HSTs are not my favorite. (Sorry I can't post a link; I'm on my kindle.)

Sue in IL

ETA: phoebemoon.com/Patterns/dusky.htm

• Edited November 2, 2019 9:03 am  by  sueinIL