Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Story About an Unfinished Embroidered Quilt   General Discussion

Started Oct-31 by judyinohio; 348 views.
judyinohio

Oct-31

Here's a very interesting story about a quilt's parts that were sold at an estate sale.  The finished quilt is scheduled to be shown at Paducah in 2020.

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2019/10/ritas-quilt/?mc_cid=86e8034e3e&mc_eid=95071ef9df

Midkid5

Oct-31

Judy, thanks for sharing this story.  So sad the original maker was unable to finish it, so wonderful someone was willing to take on the project and find away to finish it.

Jo

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-31

Another online friend had linked me to that story, and I'm thrilled that the quilt will be finished.  I LOVE that the woman STARTED a "forever" project at age 99.

Hoping my UFOs bring others pleasure, too!

Cris in MT

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Oct-31

Another online friend had linked me to that story, and I'm thrilled that the quilt will be finished.  I LOVE that the woman STARTED a "forever" project at age 99.

Hoping my UFOs bring others pleasure, too!

Cris in MT

Judy what a wonderful story. I’m illiterate when it comes to hashtags!

MarciainMD

Nov-1

Thank you for sharing this inspiring story.  It's such a beautiful quilt and I'm glad it will be completed.

Midkid5

Nov-1

I'm really curious as to how a quilt with all this embroidery will be quilted.  

Jo

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Nov-1

Glad there are people out there who would like to complete unfinished works.  I hope not to leave many but who knows.  I know many of us picked up some of Chris' Hauser's and Linda Hynick's unfinished works when we lost them(way too early).  Hope I will at least get to see a picture of this one.

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-2

So cool! I saw a little something about this but didn't read the article until now. This is a great example as to why we should do our best to keep our projects all together when we put them away. As most of you know, I had a total knee replacement 2 months ago. Part of my "getting my affairs in order" plan was to be sure that if something belonged with a project I had it all in one bag. When Mishi and Ami came early last year and helped me sort out my room I did get a lot of things bundled up, but tidied up a bit further and added fabric for backings and notes to some of the bags. In one case, I had the book for the pattern and added that too (Farmer's Wife). Notes were things like "maybe Mary would like this?" or "would make a good baby quilt for family" or sometimes "potential charity quilt".