Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 56763 views.

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

The comfort blocks for Viola can be mailed or brought to the retreat.  I've finished mine and will mail them to her.

Ok; was trying to help :) . 

Colene (robicole1)

Jan-22

I need to get moving. I’ve prepared exactly NOTHING for retreat except reservations.  I need to get it together soon. 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-22

KSCarolyn said:

I think you mean Friday morning, don't you?

Of course I do!  Turn in the ugly fabric challenge Friday morning.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-22

Colene (robicole1) said:

I need to get it together soon. 

Yes,  about 3 weeks to go.  It will be here before you know it.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jan-22

I cleared off a space on my spare bed to set my suitcases...and started gathering stuff last night....

1.  Ugly fabric challenge:  done

2.  Secret Sister:  still need to buy that last little bit but the other parts are done!

3.  Left/Right/Center Game:  not playing this year

4. Lotto blocks:  I made 7 so far...that may be all I get done! I have 8 more squares with strips...but may run out of time.

5.  Show and tell  items:  have my QuiltMama show and tells....and I need to decide on the rest of the show and tells...didn't do too much else this year other than finish the QuiltMama pieces so my show and tell may be skimpier than usual!! Will bring Sam..though I don't know if he will be stitched down or not!

6. Comfort blocks: I am bringing these to Retreat..got them cut out and pressed - may work on them on the plane

are we doing the Left/Right story this year? and if so, what do we bring for that?

I am hoping its going to be warm this year!! would love to break out the sandals, capris and t-shirts!!

KSCarolyn

Jan-22

We have a packed schedule this year so we are not doing the Left/Right story.

Carolyn

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-23

Suze (casuzenn) said:

are we doing the Left/Right story this year? and if so, what do we bring for that?

We are not doing the right/left story this year.  We substituted Secret Sister because there were many requests for it.

Looks like you are on the way to being ready!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-23

I have found my collection of selvages in my sewing room.  As cute as things that are made with them turn out, I have decided that I'm unlikely to really use them.  Is anyone interested?  If so, I will add them to me retreat pile.  Otherwise, to the dog bed stuffing bag they will go.

I will take your selvedges, please.