Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 55767 views.

I haven't made any reservation at the hotel yet. I rather thought that i would drive back and forth each day. But now I'm second guessing that decision. If there is anyone needing /wanting a roomate lets talk. 

OOH, I"d love your selvedges if they're not claimed!

nylaagain

Jan-25

I’ve been saving long ones for you. You’ve mentioned missing your Bernina. If you want to switch back, no problem. I’ll bring for you to use at retreat then ship it to you. You can use Brownie in your room then leave it with me. ONLY if you want. Bernie is still a collection model. It’s just getting so I can hardly pack her back and forth to the deck anymore and she’s a big girl to store.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jan-25

I am delighted to report...  I've cleaned stuff a bit in my sewing room and made a clear path to my sewing machine.  (Yes, DH is still messing with this new iRobot vacuum he is bound and determined to make function as the company advertises.  He is on a first name basis with customer service and the design, hardware and programming teams!)  I've checked a major thing off my list!  Yay!  Now to get SS stuff inventoried and planned for gifting.  Then it's gather stuff for lotto blocks to sew there, get stuff selected for Viola's comfort quilt blocks to sew there and select a UFO or another simple project to work on there.

The big question is...  should I make Almond Roca?  It seems so many are eating less sugary stuff and healthier these days that we are consuming less the last couple of years.  Perhaps that's only because Jim isn't there to wander in and Bob is preoccupied and/or having fun with the grandkids.  Let me know what you all think.  I'll do one at least for old time sake but don't know about a full 2nd batch.  If it is wanted/expected/splurge item is there a hostess or other local I can send it to ahead of time so I don't have to carry the weight in my luggage?  (My own private personal weight will be enough!)  Thanks  

LABFIEND

Jan-25

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

The big question is... should I make Almond Roca?

I am certainly trying to lose weight and stay away from sugar.  that being said, a bite of Almond Roca would not be out of line, after all, it is retreat!!  Maybe one batch, or a half batch.  I am sure Bob will be by, if only to steal some Almond Roca!!  Up to you......................heart_eyes

viola (sissly4)

Jan-25

You don't have to make it for me.When AL was sick we stayed away from sugar.I don't miss it all.

KSCarolyn

Jan-25

It is a lot of work for you and I think you should make it easy on yourself and just do one batch.  I love your Almond Roca but with my partial, I can't eat it.   I think there a lot of people in the same boat now.

Carolyn

I am careful with my diet as well, but I always make an exception with your almond roca. It is my favorite.