Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 34296 views.
LABFIEND

Nov-11

Nyla, Nyla, I need help!!  Can't find your number, can you message me, here or FB?  I need help with a white Featherweight, Not mine-sadly- but am helping a firend.  What is with those two belts?!!  What a witch!

Anyway, please call, (I can never find my phone list when I need it!!)

LABFIEND

Nov-12

Thanks to princess Carolyn, I got Nyla's number and called her. She gave me good advice, I didn't realize the belt on a white FW was bigger, and today I will see if the oil didn't work, we will try some kerosene. Will let you know if we get it unfrozen!!

Patty

It is bone jarring cold this morning.  Can't wait for retreat!!

Whoo Hooo you hit 200! Is the white FW for mesweat_smile?

In reply toRe: msg 1
ponderpiggy1

Nov-12

Just posted a message in last years thread!!  Duh!!!  

Sorry I cant3make it this year...hoping next will work.  With retiring from my parttime job, i need to see how finances work out.  I'm sincerely hoping to make it next year.

Y'all have a ball!!!!

LABFIEND

Nov-12

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said:

Whoo Hooo you hit 200! Is the white FW for me?

I wasn't even looking!  No, a friend bought it and she doesn't want to give it up!!  She still hasn't gotten it unlocked yet, but is watching videos and working on it.  I am still sick about the gal on FB that found a 222 for $10 at an estate sale, why can't I find those-LOL!!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Nov-12

Whoo Hooo you hit 200! Is the white FW for me?

I was thinking the very same thing, when I read her message.  Ha Ha!!   I see there are quite a few white featherweights on eBay.  Here is one for $95.00.  Most are $300.00 or more.  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Nov-12

Sally, it's good to see you here.  It's been so long since I've seen you, it would be fun to see you at retreat again.  

That FW has traveled!  The seller is in Ohio. The receipt shows it was purchased in Vallejo, Ca. That was just over a bridge from where I was born & raised. I’m sure Shelley & Judy have both been there many times! Small world. The bidding is up to $203 on the machine now. Not a good time for me to buy!  
I hate to miss seeing everyone at retreat next year! Hopefully the next year.

In reply toRe: msg 206
Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Nov-13

So it seems Southwest airlines, in their infinite wisdom, have not scheduled any nonstop flights that arrive midday as they have in the past. So I either need to catch an early morning flight which puts me in Phoenix around 9:30 AM, or I need to catch a later flight which lands about 6:00 PM.

My dilemma is that when I arrive I need to go to Trader Joe’s. If I took the later flight, I can bring my dinner so at least I wouldn’t have to worry about that, but I would still need to go shop that evening before they close so I would have everything I needed for the following days. Not sure who might be available Wednesday the 12th to take me? Any volunteers? grin

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Nov-13

The receipt shows it was purchased in Vallejo, Ca. That was just over a bridge from where I was born & raised. I’m sure Shelley & Judy have both been there many times!

In fact, Mr Pirate was raised there.  Both of his parents were born and raised there.   Still has family there.