Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 56404 views.
bornblesse2

Dec-19

JDO,  that is a really great idea to use flannel on the back of a doll quilt!

i have an over flow of 2 1/2 and 3 inch squares.  It would be easy to sew into doll quilts and use my smaller flannel pieces!

quilting friends share the best ideas!

bornblesse2

Dec-19

I also have a rag quilt kit that my ladies don’t want to sew together.  It is too different from the basic squares they do.

anyone interested?

Oh, those are really nice colors together.  That will make a very nice quilt.  

LABFIEND

Dec-19

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

, like you see in interior decorating photos sometimes. 

Yeah, I am going to make my house look like an interior decorating magazine room-  ROTFLMAO,

laughing

LABFIEND

Dec-19

bornblesse2 said:

I also have a rag quilt kit that my ladies don’t want to sew together.  It is too different from the basic squares they do. anyone interested?

If you bring it they will sew!!

I love rag quilts, they are done when they are done!!

LABFIEND

Dec-19

Nice colors, I am sure Pirate can do something spectacular!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Dec-19

Excellent.   What size are the squares?

Also, "doll" quilts (and/or "doll" sleeping bags -- also easy) can be made for teddy bears and other critters.  Don't want to leave the boys out.  :o)

For bigger quilts, it's pretty easy to make blocks quickly from just squares and strips, or just squares.  Well, you know all that.  haha  I like to make "floating" on-point square-in-a-square blocks, where you use squares that are all the same size.  No need to make exact points or cut different sizes of triangles to frame the blocks, which is why the on-point squares "float," and it looks harder than it really is.  :o)  Well, you know all that too.  ha