Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VALLEY OF THE SUN RETREAT Feb 14-16 2020   News and Announcements

Started Oct-31 by KSCarolyn; 50286 views.
LABFIEND

Dec-26

Ellen:  Go you still have a lady that uses crochet thread to go around baby blankets?  I have several balls of crochet thread I was going to bring to retreat if you have someone who can use it.

KSCarolyn

Dec-26

I just wanted to let you all know that I no longer have a house phone. I decided to get rid of my landline since I never use it. From now on use my cell number.

Carolyn

bornblesse2

Dec-26

Yes, I have a lady who uses both yarn and crochet thread.  We use the crochet thread to tie all our charity quilts at church too.  We will use it!

LABFIEND

Dec-26

bornblesse2 said:

We use the crochet thread to tie all our charity quilts at church too.  We will use it!

Packing it up now!  I have a suitcase open on my spare bed, packing as i think of things!!  I will probably still forget stuff, but will have the essentials!

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-26

now you just need to keep the mobile charged! I think if I were going to go mobile only, I would want to get one of those battery backup bricks (they are kinda the same size as the mobile...) just in case!!

LABFIEND

Dec-27

KSCarolyn said:

I decided to get rid of my landline since I never use it. From now on use my cell number.

I always called your cell, not sure I even had your landline! Agree with Suze, keep it charged!!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

He plans to contact some people he knows after the first of the year.  Hope it works out.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Bob has Honeywell on his list of companies to contact.   Don't know if he knows anyone specifically.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

Big job but one that has to be done.  I have done that with my Mom's house and DMIL's. Then our own house a little over a year ago with the move.  Still thinning the herd to try to make it easier for DD an DS when the time comes.

I have a very fragile child's tea service that was my mother's.  It is put away.  It does have some damaged pieces as it has been moved many times.  I could not imagine allowing a child to play with it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-27

If Ellen's group can't use it, I bet mine will.  They tie some of the quilts with crochet thread.  Ellen's may also.  It should get used one way or the other.  

I got a surprise package from you just before Christmas.  A Michael Connelly book.  Thank you.  Is there a reason you decided to send it instead of bring it?  I'll read it when I'm through with my current read.

Edit:  I see that Ellen can use it.  Good.  I'm bringing her some fabric I rec'd that my group won't use.  Nothing goes to waste.